instagram twitter pinterest pinterest

Monday 26 March 2018

FOLLOWING ON FROM THE IMPORTANCE OF SELF CARE..


Self care, self love etc.
. everyone talks about it these days there are now negative connotations around it. People say it anytime, for anything and it starts to not actually mean anything at all. Personally, I think the importance of it all still stands. Self care leads to self love, but what actually passes as self care? To some people that would mean painting their nails or buying themselves a new lipstick. Referring back to my last post; taking time out to read a book, having a bubble bath or meditation is my version of self care. 

More recently, I've been thinking of other ways to treat myself (you deserve it, hun) in a more in depth way. A few months ago I went for my first spa day in Bath and oh my god, it was incredible. If I could, I would go on a spa day every month but.. I can't. What's the next best thing? Bringing that luxury to your own home. 

When there was the option of having a full body massage in the comfort of my own home, that seemed even more appealing to me than a spa day. I work in an office all day for 5 days a week, so annoyingly I do slouch and I don't get enough exercise which then results in me feeling achey. Additionally, I hold a lot of stress in my shoulders and in my head, so I do suffer with bad headaches and a lot of tension in my shoulders.  

My amazing friend Tash is a massage therapist who has her own massage therapy business (it's who you know, not what you know!)... She suggested the idea of me booking in a massage with her to help de-stress and treat myself. 

We decided to do it in my front room. She set everything up, including putting candles around the room which made the room smell gorgeous. She also put some relaxing 'spa' music on which added a very zen feeling. I popped myself onto the massage bed (she even put a huge hot water bottle type thing on the bed for me to lie on, it was so good), I closed my eyes and let myself be completely pampered. 

(Just before my massage, YAS)

She used amazing massage oils which smelt amazing and as soon as she started the massage I just felt all of the tension slowly start to melt away. The whole experience was a dream, I felt so good afterwards and literally had the best sleep of my life that night. After she finished, we had a chat about how I was feeling and spoke through where she felt tension which was really interesting to hear. 

Tash made this experience completely perfect for me, without her little touches it wouldn't have been the same at all - the music, the candles, the incredible scent from the oils and her knowledge of massaging and the science behind it. It's been a few days since now and my body still feels great. I've been making a conscious effort to stretch every morning and evening to help with any aches I get which has been helping as well. 



(Dairy-free cupcakes from the amazing Tash - how incredible is she?!) 

I cannot thank Tash and her incredible hands enough. I'm going to be making sure to be booking in massages with her at least once every 8 weeks now as it's an amazing way to look after yourself. Amazingly, Tash will travel to your home (she covers London and the outskirts of London), she does couples, pregnancy and babies as well - if you would like to treat yourself you can contact her on nacstherapies@gmail.com for more info - I hiiiiiighly recommend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment