instagram twitter pinterest pinterest

Monday 15 January 2018

SETTING REALISTIC GOALS FOR 2018




I love the whole concept of a new year and a fresh start. It's the chance to look back at the previous year and think about what you've done, what you've achieved, what you regret and what you're proud of. I love looking back through pictures, remembering the highlights and feeling a bit nostalgic. 

It's funny to think about this exact time last year, and the goals I set for myself for 2017. Did I do everything I wanted to? Did I achieve my goals? I think it's important not to pile on the pressure when it comes to New Years resolutions and setting expectations. There is a fine line, setting yourself goals to achieve but then beating yourself up if you don't do everything you want to. 

Every year I used to write a list of things I wanted to do, however now I'm taking the more chilled approach to resolutions. I still want to be determined and achieve things for myself, but who really needs that added pressure of trying to do everything you've set yourself to do, otherwise you feel like you've failed. At the end of the day, you're doing this for yourself, not for anybody else. 




So, what do I want to do in 2018? I think it's good to set some achievable goals, and then also some more difficult goals to strive towards. 

1) Get into a blogging routine 
If I had more spare time, I would love to create 3,4,5 blog posts a week. But I work full time, most evenings my brain is mashed and weekends always end up being so busy. However, if you really want to do something you make it happen. After thinking realistically, I would love to post at least once a week. In terms of my Instagram, I would love to work towards growing my following and posting good quality content. My content is 85% ootds, 15% lifestyle.. it's so easy to fall into the 'typical blogger' trap, where you post the typical caption, at the typical time and the typical pose. I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with that, but I do think if you follow that path you can get swallowed up in the whole blogging buzz and you lose any sort of originality. 
  
2) Get serious about saving 
It's hard to save money when you have so many outgoings, and not such a huge salary. There are so many things that I'm desperate to do, travelling included, and to get to that point I need a lot of money saved. I'm determined to open a savings account (is it really bad that I don't have a proper savings account?!) and move any money I've saved into that account, and also actively direct debit a certain amount in monthly. That way, I have to save money. 

3) Print more pictures 
I love having physical photos. It's so different than just looking at them on a screen. I love getting them printed and writing the dates on the back, and where they were taken. Or putting them all into a photo album and labelling each photo. I love looking back and remembering different occasions, and how different your life was then. 



4) Spending more quality time with my family 
I don't want to sound too soppy, but spending time with family is so important. They really do love and care about you, and it's so refreshing and warming to be surrounded by that sort of love. 

5) Continue with my dairy-free diet 
I suffer with problematic skin, I have done since I was about 15. When I was about 16/17 I used to look forward to being about 22/23 because I thought my skin would be clear by then, but sadly that's not the case. 99% of people would look at me and say, "But what's wrong with your skin, it looks great to me!", but of course I have make-up on.. that's why my skin looks great. It's seriously depressing, having bad skin. Most of the time I don't have the confidence to go out without make-up, and looking at myself completely bare faced is sometimes difficult. I've been dairy free for about 5 weeks now, and I'm doing this in hope for it to help my skin. It's still early days but, fingers crossed. 

I'm aiming to post some more of my long term goals at some point soon, if I manage to stick to my 'one post a week' goal then hopefully, it'll be this time next week! 


Jacket - Zara / Dress - H&M / Boots - Public Desire / Bag - M&S

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment