instagram twitter pinterest pinterest

Saturday 27 February 2016

MY SMALL MAC LIPSTICK COLLECTION..






So, like most females, I love Mac lipsticks. Their colour range is insane and I always seem to find 'the only colour I'm ever going to wear for the rest of my life' shade. If I could afford to, I would buy at new one every week. Sadly, I only have five different shades, but I feel like it's a pretty good collection with some 'must have' and interesting shades. 

From left to right, Whirl, Blankety, Stone, Velvet Teddy and Cyber. 
Whirl is a lovely matte brown finish and I find it so easy to wear. It's a typical 'Kylie Jenner' shade (I hate that saying but that really is the easiest way to describe it). It's quite a statement colour, but seems to be really flattering on my skin tone. 
Blankety was my second Mac lipstick purchase. I remember buying it and being in a rush and I was just so desperate to buy another lipstick. I thought it was going to be a lot darker than it is, but I actually have really grown to love this shade. It's an amplified finish, and it's super creamy. It's quite a light pink shade, but it's so versatile.
Stone is my most recent Mac lipstick purchase and I am completely smitten with it. It's a brown/mauve colour, that can maybe sometimes make you look dead, but I really like that 90's vibe it gives. It's also a matte finish, so really long wearing. 
The next is Velvet Teddy, which is a classic. Another great nude shade with some brown tones in it, so easy to wear and again it's matte... I love matte lipsticks.
Lastly is Cyber. My first ever Mac Lipstick. I won't lie, at the time I wasn't as into make up and I didn't know what suited me. I thought this shade was super edgy and tumblr so I bought it and hardly wore it. But now I actually really love the shade. It's pretty difficult to wear, usually i'd wear it with minimal make up to make more of a statement, and so I don't look like a drag queen. It's a satin finish, which isn't usually one of my favourites as I feel like they slide off your lips and end up all over your face. But still, the colour is beautiful. 

I'm working towards one day filling up my lipstick holder with loads more beautiful Mac lipsticks.. but that may take a while. Maybe I'll do the same post in a year and see how many more I've managed to collect...

Whats your favourite shade? 

2 comments:

  1. ooh I love MAC Lipsticks and my next purchase will definitely be Velvet Teddy! my favourite shade is Brave - great post 😀
    - www.roisinslatest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes velvet teddy is gorgeous! Thank you my lovely x

      Delete